King Wilkinson are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our clients, contacts, staff and visitors to our website.
We endeavour to treat personal and confidential organisational information with equal care and respect. King Wilkinson do not sell or pass on personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
We may act as Data Controller or as a Data Processor on behalf of a Data Controller (for example when carrying out tasks for Clients such as Banks and Landlords in connection with property management functions).
Who we are
We are King Wilkinson (King Wilkinson & Company Limited) a UK based firm of Chartered Surveyors and commercial property consultants based in Exeter, Devon providing commercial property advice throughout the South West of England.
What information do we collect?
We collect only the personal information required to provide services to our clients and potential clients. This may include the following:
- Date of Birth
- Bank details
- Copies of Passport / Driving Licences
- National Insurance Number
- Property preferences or requirements
We will also collect business information such as Company or Job Role details
Where we collect personal information, we do so on the basis that the individual has specifically consented or on the basis that an individual has, or is, entering into a contract with King Wilkinson be it as a client, employee or tradesman.
If we do seek to collect personal information through our website, we will be up-front, clear and open about this. We will make it evident when we are collecting personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it. Please see further details below for information relating to our website and how cookies are used.
When you provide personal information, we will enter and store it in our software systems.
What do we use information for?
We use the information that we collect for a number of purposes:
- To provide services and perform our contract with you as set out in our Terms of Engagement or letter of instruction
- To enable us to invoice you for our services, for rent, service charge and other costs that you are obligated to pay as a Landlord or Tenant
- To maintain and administer our software systems and IT infrastructure
- In the event of an emergency where there is a risk of harm or damage to persons or property, to gain access to a property or deal with a repair
- To provide information on products, services, events or property details that you have requested or which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes or by legitimate interests
- To better understand the needs of our customers and how we can improve our products and services and to notify you of changes to our services
- To answer requests that clients, potential clients, tenants and tradesman may have
- To fulfil our legal obligations including money laundering and identification checks
- To use in the investigation and/or defence of potential complaints, disciplinary proceedings and legal proceedings
We may pass your data to third party external organisations in order to carry out the above tasks or where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so. Examples of who we may pass information to include:
Our software providers and IT support, Banks, solicitors, other agents, professionals and subcontractors. We may also process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in accordance with this notice, where we are legally required or permitted to do so.
Your personal information is owned by you. If you have any questions or issues with the way in which we are using your data you have the following rights:
- You can ask to see what data we hold on you (right of access)
- You can ask for information to be corrected
- You can ask to receive a copy of the data we hold on you (right to portability)
- You can ask us to delete any information we have about you (right to be forgotten)
- You can object to the way in which we use your information
- You can complain to the supervisory authority
If you wish to enact any of these rights then you can do so electronically by emailing our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com Alternatively, please make your request in writing to Data Protection Officer, King Wilkinson, King Wilkinson, 5 Barnfield Road, Exeter, Devon, EX1 1RR.
The UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) enforces and oversees Data Protection. Further information is available on the ICO’s website: www.ico.org.uk
Please note you will need to supply proof of identity when submitting a request. Identification includes:
- A photocopy of the identification pages of your current passport
- A photocopy of a current photo driving licence
- A copy of a current utilities bill, or credit card or bank statement which shows your address.
This identification information will be returned to you if requested; otherwise it will be securely destroyed once we no longer need it.
Retention and data storage
When we store data, reasonable measures are taken to protect personal information from access by unauthorised persons. This information will be stored, archived and backed up as part of internal systems which are hosted by cloud service providers.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected. When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
- the requirements of our business and the services provided
- any statutory or legal obligations
- the purposes for which we originally collected the personal data
- the lawful grounds on which we based our processing
- the types of personal data we have collected
- the amount and categories of your personal data
Generally, we will hold information relating to a contract, job or instruction for 10 years after the end of the contract or job and other information not relating to a contract will be retained for 1 year following its creation.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal data, please contact us in writing at Data Protection Officer, King Wilkinson, 5 Barnfield Road, Exeter, Devon, EX1 1RR or firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Business
King Wilkinson & Company aim to keep all their data accurate and up to date. If you are aware that your data is not correct, please contact King Wilkinson & Company and we will happily rectify this for you. King Wilkinson & Company are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and internal procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected from you.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by King Wilkinson & Company and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of King Wilkinson & Company. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, King Wilkinson & Company takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control. You may not reproduce any part of this website without first obtaining written permission.
This website is owned and controlled by King Wilkinson & Company Ltd. Unless otherwise noted, all information on this website is protected by copyrights and trademarks, and is owned or licensed by King Wilkinson & Company Ltd.